Sierra Living is a regional Sierra Nevada magazine published six times a year by Sacramento Media (publisher of Sacramento Magazine). Its territory includes the Gold Country foothills, Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Reno-Sparks-Carson-City, Yosemite National Park, Mammoth Lakes and the Eastern Sierra.
Its focus is on interesting people, business, ecology, recreation & adventure, architecture, dining, food & drink, events, and arts & culture. The magazine also features outstanding photography that captures the region’s natural beauty.
Sierra Living’s editorial mission is to inform and entertain readers–whether they are residents or visitors—by offering new insight and new ways for them to enjoy all the area has to offer. Sierra Living is the guide to the great Sierra Nevada.
In Every Issue…
Five Feature Stories
- News features: The Rise of Reno, The Health of the Sierra Nevada Forests, The Lake Tahoe Summit
- Travel features: Labor of Love (Eden Vale Inn), Luxury Day Spas, Yosemite at Its Best
- Full-spread pictorial features: On Ice, Hikes with Waterfalls
- At Home features: The Busick House in Incline Village, Historic Nevada City
- Dining features: Cold Water Brewery & Grill, Heyday Café, The Independent Restaurant and Bar
- Q&A: An intimate interview with someone local making big headlines (Pro skier JT Holmes, Reno 1868 FC Coach Ian Russell)
- Hand-crafted Items: Amazing regional artisans (Dorinda’s Chocolates, The Truffle Shop, Mezworks Furniture)
- Carbon Footprint: This is where the Sierra Club got its start and environmentalism matters (Green Ski Resorts, Organic Gardening)
- In Season: Farm fresh produce, pairing recommendations and seasonal recipes from creative local chefs
Events Calendar/Things To Do
- Your weekend and vacation planning just got easier: Find up-to-date recreation, adventure, arts and culture throughout the region.
Regional Restaurant Guide
- Find out what the most interesting Sierra Nevada chefs are doing with our listing of locally owned restaurants that specialize in house-made food and drink, using regionally sourced and organic ingredients.
- All over the world, people gather for sunsets—like for a church service or a fireworks show—and the Sierra Nevada is no exception: in every issue, we’ll present a stunning sunset photo on our back page.
If you would like to contact Sierra Living magazine, please click here!